Thursday 25 March 2010

Lemonade VS Lemon cake??

Hello everyone :)


FYI i just received an offer from Royal Bank of Scotland to do my professional attachment on tuesday
I was in an extremely high spirit when i got the confirmation 
as you know RBS is so huge altho it was badly affected by the global financial crisis
but i still believe that by joining them will make a great impact on my future career path..
especially they said that there is a probability of 70% and above that their interns will secure a job at RBS after their graduation..
I know I am super lucky to get the chance, as they normally will request for those who have better academic performances

and yest i have received another offer from another company (a relatively smaller in size one)
i cant believe in my luck cos the 2nd offer is randomly matched by computer system
and there are still a numbers of my coursemates who havent been offered any internship positions yet
and they are most probably wont be getting any as all the positions have been given out..
so it's very lucky of me tat can have 2 offers on hand

anyway i knew tat things wont go so smoothly 
by right i shud be allocated to the phase 1 company which is RBS and my allocation under phase 2 which is the 2nd offer will be invalidated automatically
but now there are too many miscommunication between the RBS authority and my sch 
as a result i might be force to give up the RBS offer and to take the 2nd offer instead
omg this is so not make sense
and i hv talked to one of the officers in Career Attachment Office today
they seem like have some conflict with RBS authority
and i hope they wont turn it on me
otherwise it will be totally unfair

as the lovely bf said to me: when life throws lemon to u, make lemonade. when life throws lemons to you, make lemon cake.
"it's not making sense. cos you will still need flour to make a cake"
then go and get the flour yourself.life wont provide you with all the ingredients.

yupp.so tat's it. i will fight for my flour no matter how! haha! i will go career office everyday and fight for the justice and my future!!山不来就我,我去就山!! wish me luck!! 


5 comments:

pt said...

an inspiring blogpost haha!
all da best!

meiqin said...

Dear xr,

The unfair situation is very similar with me...but i din get any actually...i just mean i can feel exactly what did u feel...anyway,at least the school promise to help me if at the end of the day i could not find any...
Ur bf words also inspired me as well! very nice phase and keep ppl alive!!! very thx for ur sharing...i felt better now...
lets fight hard tgt for ourself! and lead a better life!
Thx XR!love ya~~~

xinru said...

yesh yesh!! let's jiayou tgt :)

Redirts said...

Cherish the chance given and give it your best strike! All the best ya! 羡慕you的说~

Unknown said...

加油加油~~~~祝你好运~~~